Saturday, April 19, 2014

A Rather Strong Current.

Gnashingly, I informed my roommates last night that I was throwing my silvery bike in the nearest dumpster and asked if they knew anyone who wanted to buy a heavily-used pair of running shoes W9.5, with 15 free partially translucent unmatched stockings, a half a scoop of Tailwind and one expired Stinger waffle with Lance Armstrong's shining face on the package.  I was thinking $48,912 is a fair price on the shoes, how does that sound?

They could also have, for really free, a Nathan pack that has a long history of molestation and sadistic tendencies and my marginally skanky GPS, if they could find it.  It's probably still in Boston, maybe crushed under the uncaring tire of a motorist who had no idea that I would want it back 4 months after abandoning it, probably in a snowbank somewhere west of the arboretum.  

To quote the late Dan Q, "because fuck you, that's why." 

Not to worry, though. This whole cluster of having each of the things that form my identity ripped away one by one is nothing I cannot eat my way through. Maybe the world will mistake my grumpiness for confidence and I'll finally get somewhere. Maybe it's time for that fancy business degree, a power suit, peach-colored bras with underwire, a sedentary life punctuated only by fits of vacuuming, birthing whole slew of screaming babies, and a long overdue foray into corrective orthodontia.

Then as I was falling (asleep) under my usual pile of chemistry problems, sleeping bags, and other things which I never liked anyway, I had a revelation that (*brilliant revelation alert*) I could go really crazy and adjust the seat on the silvery bike and cause way less flexion in the knees.  Then maybe they wouldn't hurt, and then, even though I still am not supposed to run, I could at least enjoy biking again, spine permitting.  

Well, it worked.  Made it around the Thundercastle loop. It was the best thing ever. 

The water may be wide, but how deep could it be?

---

Thinking of my Traprockers and my Boston Marathoners this weekend! Good luck, everyone. And the rest of my heart and mind are at Brad, at Acadia, and in the Whites -- where I belong.  The rest of me is currently all chemistry, all the time right now. I will crush these redox reactions. I will eat them alive.  As Zach DLR said, we gotta take the powah back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?