Friday, October 4, 2013

Because fuck you, injury. That's why.

I seem to have walked like 32 miles so far this week...  Did about 13 of those today, interspersed with (surprise!) increasingly tricky chemistry stuff.

It completely sucks not being able to run.  That's not news.   I need to call a hotline.  Hello?  Operator?  I've just put on my shoes and I am feeling like I might just do it.  No, I my gps hasn't charged yet.  No, no one else is around.  Yes, I have a route planned out...

But I can walk, and for that I am thankful.

And you know what?  People commonly heal from injuries and are fine.  I stopped by at Colin's and that was what he said.  He said Anton Krupica broke his leg, and he healed.  And if he can heal, so can I!   Also in that vein, Judson Cake said, "what one man can do, another can do."  I've always liked the gross simplicity of that in a vaguely perverse way.  

How they would cringe if they knew how far out of context their words have traveled.  But that's the risk you take when you say anything ever.  And that's why our forefathers and foremothers invented the art of letting go.

So fuck you, disc lesion, or whatever the hell is going on in there.  Just, fuck you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?