Tuesday, October 9, 2012

10/4/2012 Thornycraggly with Scout.

This run is a bit of a blur right now.  I was in a bit of a frenzy with packing to head out on the road with Cinder Conk, but still really wanting to get in a long run.  It was great to connect with Scout for a slightly damp Thorncrag thing.

We did a bunch together, merrily chattering away the whole time as usual.  I felt pretty not-fit but nothing beyond that.  After Scout had to split, I headed back out for more.  The hills were hills but I felt well.

Suddenly, the Achilles made a complaint.  I walked until it was good again.  Interesting.   This was the longest I've run since the 12 mile Bruiser.  Not very long.

When I got home in the evening, my new shoes arrived!  Too bad I'll be trapped in a car he next few days.
Stay tuned for the Hoka Saga.

~76min
~5.3mile run at Thorncrag, most with Val.   Rain, good.  Stopped the second the Achilles felt the slightest bit off, and walked ~0.4mile, then ran ~0.25 downhill back to car.
~Brooks Cas 6, shorts, long sleeved shirt.

3 comments:

  1. Will love to hear about the Hokas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be interested to hear how the Hoka's work for you. You should wear them while you play too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I put them on, it was tempting to not ever take them off. They make me a lot taller though so they'd mess up my intonation on bass! They are ridiculous looking though so naturally I am inclined to wear them in as many high-visibility situations as possible. ;)

      Delete

What do you think?